This seminar is designed to help employees better understand their federal benefits, identify financial goals and objectives, determine appropriate medical directives and estate planning documents and plan for financially secure and stable retirement years.
• A detailed discussion of FERS retirement benefits, CSRS retirement benefits, insurance programs, Thrift Savings Plan withdrawal options and Social Security benefits is conducted by Joanne McGehrin, Federal Benefits Specialist. Separate half-day presentations on FERS retirement benefits and CSRS retirement benefits are provided on the first day of the seminar. Employees attend only the session appropriate to their specific retirement coverage.
• Karen Schaeffer, Certified Financial Planner, encourages participants to develop a financial plan, provides guidance for investment options available within the TSP program and addresses financial planning issues in retirement.
• Information and guidance on estate planning and medical directives is provided by Anne Sullivan, an attorney specializing in legal issues of estate planning.
• A representative from LTC Partners, overviews the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program.
• Each participant is provided a 300+ page workbook containing summaries and/or supplements to information provided in lecture.
• Space permitting, spouses are invited to attend at no additional charge, but are not provided with participant workbooks. Spouses must be registered to attend along with employee.
J.P. McGehrin and Associates have conducted retirement planning seminars for federal employees for over thirty years with consistently outstanding participant evaluations.
Retirement Planning Seminar for FERS and CSRS Employees